Speed World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Speed World

Welcome to Speed World.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Aster's Card of the Day - December 1st

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Aster Phoenix
Administrator
Administrator
Aster Phoenix

Number of posts : 68
Job/hobbies : Guitarist and Singer
KCVDS Name : Tsurin
Hamachi Name : Tsurin
Favourite Deck : Gladiator Beasts
Duel Points : Infinite
Respect Meter : Aster's Card of the Day - December 1st Adminut1
Registration date : 2008-11-17

Character sheet
Speed Medals: 10

Aster's Card of the Day - December 1st Empty
PostSubject: Aster's Card of the Day - December 1st   Aster's Card of the Day - December 1st Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 2:13 pm

Ah, let's start with a card I'm very familiar with. Destiny Hero Diamond Dude.

Warrior/Effect/Earth/4 Star/1400 ATK/1600 DEF

Once per turn, you can look at the top card of your Deck. If it is a Normal Spell Card, send it to the Graveyard and you can activate its effect during the Main Phase of your next turn. If the card is not a Normal Spell Card, place it on the bottom of your Deck.

This card actually had a profound impact on Yugioh as a whole seeing as at one point a fair amount of people were making decks around this one card (normally run in three copies). The deck itself was based on getting a lot in the Graveyard and overwhelming opponents with a burn trap.

However, that's not what I'm going to discuss. I want to focus on the card itself.

Diamond Dude works with any normal spell card, and you don't have to pay a cost to use it (such as Life Points to use a Brain Control, Discarding Cards to use a Lightning Vortex, etc) because it is only activating the effect, not the cost.

In addition, even if Diamond Dude is destroyed, if you sent a normal Spell Card to your Graveyard the turn before, you still get to activate its effect. Normal means of stopping the effect of the Spell Card are all but negated; you can't activate anything to chain the effect of the Spell Card that is about to be played. The only thing that -will- stop the card from being played is if it is not in your graveyard during next turn, so via removing it from play or sending it back to the deck.

If it's an inopportune time to use a Spell Card (Such as Heavy Storm when you have an abundance of Spells and Traps) you do -not- have to activate the effect of the card. However, the card -will- remain in your Graveyard.

Hopefully I've given you insight on a card that you may or may not have heard before. Try it out in your decks sometime if you have a bunch of Normal Spells and think it could be useful. It just might prove to be.

-Aster
Back to top Go down

Aster's Card of the Day - December 1st
Page 1 of 1